Sunday, December 2, 2012

Can I be honest with you?

College apps were due yesterday, and, well, I didn't apply to a single college. 
Some people have a great mindset about college. 
They know where they want to go, and what they want to be. 
I'm not in that boat. 

I am almost positive that I want to go into Fashion Merchandising, but I can't exactly pursue that major while living in the state of Utah. This past week has been one of the most stressful of my life because of this fact. I have no idea where I want to go to college, I haven't even narrowed it down whatsoever.
Now, most people would be kicking themselves for procrastinating, and not looking into things more deeply, but really I am not mad at myself. In fact, I think I am on the verge of making a decision that will benefit my life for, well, the rest of my life. 

I am seriously considering attending Evans hair school in January. Going part time, going to high school and hair school all at the same time. My older sister just recently graduated from Evans, and loved every minute of it. The more I think about this the better of an idea it becomes. I would be able to earn my certificate and start college that spring semester without the drop of a hat. I would have an entire year to decide exactly which college I wanted to go to and exactly what field to go into. Since my mom is also a hair dresser I would have a job at a salon, and I would be able to do hair while I would be going to school. 

I have to make this decision really soon. Feel free to throw out any suggestions, comments, or thoughts. 
I would love to hear what you have to think. 

8 comments:

  1. my advice to you,
    please don't go to college if you aren't ready. it makes for an awful time. trust me.
    take your time planning where you want to go and work to save up money. that way, you can do exactly what you want and you won't be miserable, stuck at a college you don't even want to be at. You've got all the time in the world to be sure you keep your happiness. That's the key (: GOOD LUCK !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't even worry girl, you are not the only one who has not applied for college's let alone taken the ACT.
    My thought is that life will play it's way out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wanting to be a fashion consultant eventually and I am in college currently. My major is communications which is actually way helpful with fashion stuff or leading into whatever career you want to do. It sounds like your plan is made in the shade, but there are other options without going out of state quite yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. listen. take it from a girl that has so far attended 2 schools, but has less than a year of schooling.

    if you aren't ready, don't go. college is hard enough as is, and if you aren't wanting to be there, or even ready for that matter... it will make it so much worse.

    i dove into 2 different schools, not knowing what i wanted. i thought that just being in a college would help me figure things out, and that i would end up happy somehow. that didn't happen for me. i basically chose the schools out of convenience, and to not seem like a failure/drop out to everyone else.

    don't do that. do what you want, where you want. take your time thinking about it. do what makes you happy, regardless.

    you are a sweetheart and will do amazing things, in everything you do.

    and that is the end of my soapbox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I stumbled upon your blog today :D
    Anyway, it seems you've already chosen to go to cosmetology school which is awesome. I think too often people get caught in things because other people make it seem like it's the end of the world i.e. not going to college immediately after graduation. I mean, really we're all diff and i think your plan is amazing! give yourself a year to figure things out while you learn some skills? heck why not?
    Also, i rushed into school.. because i felt i needed to go, i liked it but i didn't think out thoroughly and i still don't know what i'm studying, i am actually just figuring it out 2 schools later. :p
    Luckily my parents are the "JUST BE HAPPY" type. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats so good! it always means the world to have parents that aren't at your throat to go to college now now now. cosmetology school has been amazing and i've only been there a month. loving it!

      Delete

FASHION GURU'S