Thursday, October 13, 2011

Brownie points.

Grandma-Sitting: no, this is not the art of sitting on your grandmother, just merely watching your adorable grandmother so as she is properly cared for.

After my grandma had a fall a few months back, we have made sure that someone is with her at almost all times.
While I enjoy the time I spend with my grandparents greatly, sometimes the fact that my gram tends to say borderline outright crazy things during the wee hours of the night almost kills me. I spend about 1 night a week with her and help her if she needs something during the night, but lately i can't help but wonder why she says things over and over again like "someone is knocking at the door"
"no grandma no one is at the door"
"are you sure"
"yes, but I will check anyways"

So then I 'check' the door for the mysterious knocker, and no one is there, but this happens nightly, at the most odd hours give or take.

Then there are times when she wakes me up at 3:30 a.m. So she can rummage through the garbage to find the 'lost' telephone.

I love my grandma, but I don't love getting 4 hours of sleep.

I sure do hope this scores me some brownie points in Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FASHION GURU'S